There are different kinds of depression. One of which is called postpartum – a depression that occurs after childbirth. Female’s hormones increase when they are pregnant. It exceeds to a great number of both estrogens and progesterone. It returns to a normal state 24 hours after childbirth. According to a study, the hormonal change may cause depression and instantly affect a woman’s mood even before getting her period.
After giving birth, the level of thyroid hormones also drops. The thyroid is useful in a sense that it helps us regulate the food we intake and how to store it. Having low-level hormones can also lead to depression. You may find out if you are suffering from such with a use of a blood test. If proven that you are having thyroid problems then there are various medications that can help you as prescribed by your doctor.
1. Having more than two weeks baby blues
2. Depression is getting worse
3. Depression starts after delivery
4. Too lazy to work at home than before
5. Caring less for yourself and your baby
6. Negatives thoughts about self and the baby
If you opt to go to a doctor about your problem, he/she will conduct various test and if necessary he/she may also endorse you to a mental health professional for a postpartum depression treatment
Even though there is a cure for this illness, some are afraid to mention these symptoms because of embarrassment and guilt. Having depression is not something to be afraid of but something to be cured for the benefit of both the mother and baby. It does not fundamentally mean that you are a bad mother if you feel depress, you just need help.
1. Talk therapy – By talking to a therapist who can give you a better understanding of the things you are going through.
2. Medicine – Taking prescribed medicines by your doctor such as antidepressant and alike.
It is possible to use any of these two or even both. Feeling depressed may affect your relationship with you baby, and this is something that we don’t want to happen. All you have to do is talk to your doctor about the things that you need to consider while you’re taking medications and therapy.
Another thing that you can do is ask your partner to help you out through the process by taking care of your baby while you are trying to look for yourself.
With the above given, it should be enough to bring back the real you. However, by any chance that your depression has not gone out, then asking for further help might be needed.
1. Marriage counseling – Understand where your depression is coming from. Maybe it is not something that you just have to face alone but together with your partner.
2. Hormone Therapy – With this therapy, your estrogens may be replaced and can be mixed with an antidepressant for you to lose the feeling of depression. However, this is something that is not easily done and is better if you ask for advice from your doctor.
3. Antidepressant – Using antidepressant is not that easy. It should also be accompanied by therapy for a better and longer result.
Having kids is the best thing that can happen to a girl. Both deserves the best and be the best of each other. If you are not healthy enough to take care of your kid, then everyone in the family will suffer. If you are feeling any signs of postpartum depression, then it is about time that you call for a doctor.2016-08-25